I took over the allotment in November 2012 – to begin with I just had a half a plot (this increased to a whole plot 6 months later) and as you can see below it was a jungle of nettles, bramble and bindweed.
I set to work almost immediately digging out the weeds and making make-shift beds from logs and scrap bits of wood I found on the plot. I garden organically which means no weedkillers and so everything had to be done manually. In the summer of 2013 I also built a shed at the end of the plot with the help of my husband.
Here are some of the most recent pictures taken in early summer 2014, now that it is finally getting under control. I am looking forward to focusing on enjoying the produce in 2015 and will post up pictures and recipes of my harvest.